Header
Making A Difference in Your Safety Program
New Products
First Aid Emergency Response
Ergonomics
Eye Protection
Fall Protection
Foot Protection
Hand & Arm Protection
Head and Face Protection
Hearing Protection
Heat Stress
Instrumentation
Plant and Site Safety
Protective Apparel
Respiratory Protection
Seasonal Products
Clearance
Welding
   
Safety Blog
Ergodyne Shows Us How to Prevent Dropped Objects By tethering, Topping and Trapping

Ergodyne has a great collection of safety videos. In their latest they discuss solutions to actively prevent dropped objects on the jobsite using the 3 T's: Tethering, Topping and Trapping.

Why Price Isn't Everything When It Comes to Safety Gloves

By Brad Rosen | November 16, 2017

They're perhaps one of the most common forms of PPE, but safety gloves are rarely given the same care and consideration as fall harnesses, safety eyewear, or work boots.

Consider this: hand injuries are the second leading cause of work-related injuries, sending over one million workers to the emergency room every year. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that 70 percent of workers whose hands were injured were not wearing gloves at the time. The remaining 30 percent did wear gloves, but they were inadequate, damaged, or the wrong type for the type of hazard present.

The gloves you choose matter. But with so many different features and manufacturer claims, it can be a tricky field to navigate. While the most expensive gloves may indeed be the right fit for you, the price isn't a strong indicator of the quality or their suitability for a particular application. In fact, there are a number of other factors that matter far more than the price point, and it's critical to factor those into your final decision.

Read more here.